Sunday, January 14, 2007

Valentine's Project

This week Margaret and I met to discuss revisions for Hardcore. As we were talking, I mentioned that I hadn't ever done anything like send a letter to the troops or a care package as I was putting together the script for Hardcore because I wanted to try and remain somewhat "neutral." However, in my research for the project I came across many great causes and always thought about trying to help in some way. While I'm sure there's many people who send things for the holidays, I told Margaret I should probably send something now when the troops were probably not remembered by as many.
She said, "You should do something for Valentine's Day."
And I replied, "Yeah."
She then said, "Let's do it, let's send valentine's."
So we devised a plan to ask our friends and family members for messages and we then bought some valentines and treats to send to them.

Tonight we wrote out the messages and we'll soon send them off. It took us only about an hour and a half to do this. As we were finishing, we talked about how easy it was to do. And we decided that there are many more things that one can accomplish in about an hour. What could you do?

No comments: